Memorial Occasion Poems
Please browse the following beautiful memorial and sympathy poems to have printed in your own personalised artwork to give to grieving friends as a thoughtful bereavement gift. Whether the occasion is the loss of an elderly friend, family member, child, baby or acknowledgment of a miscarriage there is sure to be a beautiful memorial poem fitting for the occasion. Words can be customised to suit your circumstances or please provide your own beautiful words.
- "An Angel in the book of life wrote down 'childs' birth, and whispered as he closed the book , "Too beautiful for this earth".
- He/She is so very special and was so from the start. You held him in your arms but mostly in your heart. Happy Angelversary, precious little one.
- If we could have a lifetime wish. A dream that would come true, we'd pray to God with all our hearts for yesterday and you. A thousand words can't bring you back, we know because we've tried...Neither will a thousand tears, we know because we've cried...you left behind our broken hearts and happy memories too...but we never wanted memories, we only wanted You.
Quote: "A Little Soul Takes Wings"
- Don't weep at my grave for I am not there, I’ve a date with a butterfly to dance in the air. I'll be singing in the sunshine, wild and free, Playing tag with the wind while I'm waiting for thee. Anon.
In Honour of Me
- As you release this butterfly in honor of me, know that I'm with you and will always be. Hold a hand, say a prayer, close your eyes and see me there. Although you may feel a bit torn apart, please know that I'll be forever in your heart. Now fly away butterfly as high as you can go, I'm right there with you more than you know. By Jill Haley
- Fly little one. Your journey has just begun. The gates of heaven have opened And you are one of the Chosen ones. Fly with all the butterflies Our little Butterfly. Author: Unknown
I Am Always With You
- When I am gone, release me, let me go. I have so many things to see and do, You mustn't tie yourself to me with too many tears, But be thankful we had so many good years. I gave you my love, and you can only guess How much you've given me in happiness. I thank you for the love that you have shown, But now it is time I travelled on alone. So grieve for me a while, if grieve you must Then let your grief be comforted by trust That it is only for a while that we must part, So treasure the memories within your heart. I won't be far away for life goes on. And if you need me, call and I will come. Though you can't see or touch me, I will be near And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear All my love around you soft and clear And then, when you come this way alone, I'll greet you with a smile and a "Welcome Home".
Miss Me But Let Me Go
- AWhen I come to the end of the road And the sun has set for me, I want no rites in a gloom-filled room. Why cry for a soul so free? Miss me a little but not too long, And not with your head bowed low. Remember the love that we once shared. Miss me, but let me go. For this is a journey we all must take And each must go alone, It’s all a part of the Master’s plan, A step on the road to Home. When you are lonely and sick of heart Go to the friends we know, And bury your sorrows in doing good deeds, Miss me but let me go.